At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: The Revenue Analyst is responsible for implementing hotel revenue management objectives across their managed portfolio, which encompass maximizing revenues and profit through rate and inventory management of all market segments at the hotel. The Revenue Analyst will take an active role in each hotel’s pricing and distribution of inventory across various channels of distribution to maximize revenues. The position supports their portfolio in meetings, analyzing trends in group and transient segments, exceeding budgeted occupancy, ADR and revenue goals and setting group ceilings, target rats in conjunction with the sales and catering team. The Revenue Analst will be responsible for managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls including daily review, implementation of rooms and rate inventory controls for portfolio of hotels.
Profit Motivation, Financial Success, Customer Service/Relations, Quality Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Innovation, Decision-Making, Work Methods
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
v High school diploma or equivalent.
v Vocational/Technical Training with experience.
v Minimum five years experience in the hospitality field. Experience required. IHG experience preferred
v Excellent written and oral communication skills with good ability as a trainer.
v Work-related Analytical Experience.
v Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
v Thorough knowledge of the internet.
v Thorough knowledge of the GDS and Extranets
v Understanding of revenue management techniques and strategies.
v Some travel required.
1. Optimize RevPAR by analyzing/forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, optimal and seasonal market mix including group, transient and wholesale using Benchmark Hospitality and IHG revenue management tools.
2. Direct the transient and corporate sales effort to meet or exceed budgeted revenue
3. Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning/product offering relative to competition
4. Work with Revenue Management team on pricing decisions for transient, group and wholesale segments.
5. Work with the Sales Manager to determine pricing strategies for LNR, corporate transient and consortia
6. Work with the Sales Manager to analyze and increase total production and rate for LNR, corporate transient and consortia business
7. Implement pricing strategies for group and transient business segments; analyze competitor-pricing analysis to ensure correct daily and seasonal rate positioning to the competition.
8. Establishes and maintains minimum standards for Transient Room Sales to include: weekly Yield Meetings, PMS rate configuration, sales agent scripting, call conversion goals, coaching call goals, and standardized reporting.
9. Acts as a liaison between electronic distribution channels, including offsite call center, to maximize property exposure and bookings.
10. Provides a monthly analysis to management complete with speculation on future performance of all market segments to include Rate, Occupancy, and REVPAR.
11. Work with DOSM to provide a weekly and monthly analysis of the STAR report to include both group and transient.
12. Manage/update current selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels/reservation sources (PMS, third-party reservations providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.)
13. Facilitate Weekly Revenue Strategy meetings
14. Work with the Corporate Director of Revenue Management in recommending and implementing of Revenue Management programs and new initiatives at the hotel.
15. Work with DOSM and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both rooms and F&B.
16. Generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels.
17. Maintain accurate and detailed historical data for all market segments
18. Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in positioning, text, availability and price.
19. Maximizing the Hotels' revenues by monitoring transient and group production, ensuring that an optimal guest mix is maintained
20. Compile data, analyze trends, and develop accurate weekly and monthly forecasts.
21. Critically analyzing the impact of the revenue management strategies implemented by the Hotels, including pricing
22. Ensuring that all rate plans are built in accordance with established guidelines
23. Update and maintain all revenue management tools.
24. Ensuring that the Hotels' position in the GDS and other distribution channels is consistent with the Hotels' Selling Strategies, includes conducting rate parity and availability audits
25. Ensure group inventory and cut-off dates are managed according to demand
26. Dealing effectively with people, creating teamwork, taking charge, generating enthusiasm, motivating and using an uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by their Supervisors and/or Management.
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer