This position reports to the Director of Revenue. The ideal candidate must excel in understanding and ability to create forecasting hotel room revenue. Prior New York City experience is preferred. Prior experience with Opera Property Management systems is preferred. Understanding of online booking engines is a must.
- Train and support hotels on revenue maximization through the full utilization of the Company's systems and best practices, in accordance with global brand revenue management specifications.
- Implement brand and regional pricing strategies, yield strategies, selling strategies and revenue management best practices.
- Investigate and communicate new ways to capture optimal revenue potentials. Consult with key managerial groups and applicable personnel to identify hotel issues/concerns in regards to revenue improvement plans.
- To ensure revenue maximization is realized, best practices are utilized, marketing program compliance is enforced and appropriate channel distribution is realized. Mentor hotel management staff to excel in these areas. Develop and/or deliver training programs to support revenue management objectives and strategies as needed.
- Manage the reservations department to provide efficient, accurate and courteous reservation services and telephone solicitations while maintaining on-going communication with the sales department and the front office on room status. With the General Manager’s guidance, accurately forecast future business.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task force assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience. Experience in hotel operations management, revenue management which includes knowledge and experience in hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills and experience with industry and market trends as they relate to revenue opportunities along with a demonstrated ability to drive revenue.
- Knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies as well as the ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions. Demonstrated experience in industry training, including preparation, implementation and delivery of training programs. Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.