Retail Coffee Shop Barista
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Location: US - AZ - Scottsdale
Barista/Retail Coffee Shop
Our guests are always at home at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – and their coffee shop experience is no exception. As a Retail Coffee Shop Barista you will provide warm service, efficiency and knowledge of our menu offerings, and will ensure the timeliness and enjoyment of every memorable experience.
Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort recently opened 102 new guest rooms in June 2016, bringing the total number of rooms to 750. In conjunction with the guest room expansion, the resort is creating three dynamic new outdoor venues for groups: Sunset Beach, the Great Lawn and a new western town, Copper Canyon. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 25th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America’s. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Retail, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Previous Barista experience required
- Have full knowledge of all beverage lists
- Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Provides quality beverages to brand standards consistently for all customers
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Follows policy and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a store team member.
- Follows cash handling procedures and Micros point of sale policies.
- Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
- Work with team to insure a great experience throughout the store, assisting in all areas of the store as needed.
- Timely and consistent communication with Leads and Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years Barista/ Food & Beverage service experience required
- Previous Point of Sale System experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must hold a valid Maricopa County Food Handlers and Alchol Certification Awareness card
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
Physical Aspects of Position(include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V