The Doubletree Hotel Boston-Bedford Glen, nestled on 24 wooded acres only 18 miles northwest of Downtown Boston just off the crossroads of I-95 and Route 3, is centrally located by the Middlesex towns of Bedford, Burlington, and Billerica. Our contemporary, boutique hotel is the perfect suburban retreat for leisure or business travel, and is ideally suited for business conferences or gala social events. Boston's Logan International Airport (BOS) is less than 40 minutes away, and we offer complimentary car service within a five-mile radius of the hotel.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of a team of passionate, empowered associates that curates unique dining experiences for our guests . You will assist in leading the effort to deliver distinctively different guest experiences while helping to ensure profitability objectives are achieved.Essential Functions
- Ensures welcoming physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the department, including inspecting tabletops, countertops and side stations
- Communicate information to the service team giving them the knowledge to be individually empowered
- Utilize the Freedom To Go Beyond to resolves guest issues promptly and with great care
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while having an impeccable eye for detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Supervise the performance, attendance, attitude, appearance and conduct of service team
- Assist with the development, training and inspiration of outlet staff
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience and enthusiasm for being part of a diverse team of passionate people, and providing authentic experiences and distinctively different service to others in a team oriented food and beverage environment.
- People Person. The best part of this job is creating and building lasting relationships with our guests and team members.
- Great communicator. The ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and through excellent written communication.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to lead and serve others, and thrives on the challenge of creating distinctively different dining experiences.