The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global
hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in
70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And
we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and
diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service
culture and have a passion for excellence. To
learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new
era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million
mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight
guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness
Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will
oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a
culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique
Indianapolis experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Restaurant Supervisorto work at the art-centric The Summit Hotel in Cincinnati,
position is responsible for providing all guests seated with an enjoyable experience, through
quality service in the most efficient manner at all times.
will include but not be limited to:
- Provides guests with exceptional service in order to
achieve customer satisfaction.
- Reviews the menu and becomes thoroughly familiar with
food and beverage items and means of preparation being offered that day,
including the ingredients, preparation, sauces, spirits and garnishes as
well as the wine list, what cocktails compliment which food items, and
- Checks with manager for assigned station. Ensures
station is properly set up and cleaned before, during, and after shift.
- Greets guests in a friendly and courteous manner and
explains any specials and/or restaurant/lounge promotions for guest
- Takes guests’ cocktail and food orders, answering all
menu questions, making helpful suggestions, and citing a favorite item.
- Presents properly written food check to kitchen/bar,
informing of particulars in the order being placed; when complete,
retrieve order, confirm its accuracy, and deliver to guest along with
- Anticipates guests’ needs.
- Practices “clean as you go” techniques of service,
including refolding napkins and cleaning between courses, and keeping the
station clean, neat, and supplied at all times.
- Closes all guest checks in a timely manner, ensuring
all checks are properly signed and printed.
- Completes assigned side work and resets tables for the
next meal function.
- Maintains current knowledge of hotel culture, amenities
and services, events in the area, points of interest, and services in the
- To provide all guests with an entertaining and enjoyable
experience, through quality service, in the most efficient manner at all
times. To ensure the quality of service
provided to the patrons.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Performs human resource functions for staff, including scheduling,
training, and motivating.
- Includes supervisory responsibilities such as accountability of
standards, opening and closing checklists and departmental communication.
- Recommends food and beverage policies, procedures, and
standards. Ensures employees adhere
- Communicates issues, resolves problems, and develops leadership
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure
maximum customer service, including directing staff on service quality,
standards and training responsibilities.
- Provides Manager
- Minimum formal education of some high
school and a minimum one year job-related experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and
beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company
appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards
and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Ability to work collaboratively and
communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the
- Proficiency in oral and written
communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work variable shift,
weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use
hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and work the
majority of shift on feet.
- Frequently is required to talk or hear.