Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for daily supervision of restaurant staff, guest service and liquor law compliance. Supervises selling and serving guests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Supervises guest checks and payment collection in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.What you will be doing
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervise the restaurant staff. Ensure new associates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve job expectations. Evaluate the staff’s job performance and coach and counsel as necessary. Clearly communicate to associates the standards of performance and their role in contributing to individual and team success. Ensure all required training occurs including orientation, safety, fire, food and beverage handling and blood-borne pathogen. Ensure staff compliance with internal controls, policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Insist on a work environment that is free from harassment.
- Perform and supervise the staff’s compliance with consistent safe and sanitary food and beverage handling and serving. Monitor and control maintenance/sanitation of the restaurant and equipment. Supervise adherence to all safety protocols.
- Perform and supervise preparation of guest checks and collection of payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Order supplies and maintain accurate inventory as assigned.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Train restaurant employees to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform if applicable.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report all incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus schooling in hotel/restaurant management or related major.
- Two or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently supervise staff, daily operations and resolve operational problems in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to appropriately interview, hire, schedule, motivate, train, monitor and address staff performance.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow proper food and beverage sales and service.
- Ability to understand and comply with federal, state and local serving guidelines.
- Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify, investigate and resolve matters.
- Attention to details, good organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, phone and other office equipment.
- Display consistent professional leadership with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.