JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Restaurant Supervisor is to greet guests with warm hospitality and insure smooth
operation and high level of service from all Restaurant associates at Artisan.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the selection, supervision, development, appraisal, counseling, and disciplinary action
of departmental associates.Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Work as a part of a team as well as complete assignments independently; take instructions from
- Managers and exercise problem solving skills. Observe diners to respond to additional requests.
- Maintains communication with Chef. Understands menu prior to opening and is aware of
changes during service; be familiar with daily specials, wine list, cocktails and bar.
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items, garnish, contents and preparation methods. Be prepared to answer any guest questions about the menu in a direct, concise way.
- Check food before serving it to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
- Controls operation of his/her restaurant. Insures proper execution of service between team members.
- Complete opening/closing duties. Close server’s paperwork at the end of the shift. Responsible
for his/her bank. All completed paperwork given to Night Audit. Responsible for insuring that checks are closed to correct account.
- Awareness of hotel functions and special events. Know locations of all outlets and services.
College degree preferred; High School Diploma and/or 2-3 years’ experience or equivalent combination
of education and experience required.
Marriott Greenville is an equal opportunity and e-verify employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.