- Performs all opening and closing assignments as assigned by management
- Applies teamwork skills at all times and assists co-workers when time permits.
- Answers all questions regarding the menu accurately
- Takes food and beverage orders accurately and in a timely fashion
- Delivers quality products to the guest in a friendly and professional manner and in accordance with hotel standards
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment, work area and dining room
- Monitors the flow of guests and food and beverage items
- Enters orders into the computer accurately and efficiently
- Utilizes suggestive selling techniques to upgrade the check average
- Handles financial transactions accurately an din accordance with established procedures
- Performs sidework duties as assigned
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards.
- Attends scheduled meeting and training classes.
- Assists the server assistants in duties
- Seats and greets the guest when requested
- Answers the telephone in the absence of a greeter
- Notifies immediate supervisors promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Remains current with hotel information and changes.
- Complies with hotel policies and rules and uniform and grooming procedures.
- Encourages a positive attitude among employees and treats other employees and guest with courtesy and respect.
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management, and fellow employees.
- Recycles whenever possible.
- Other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Excellent guest service skills
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be customer service oriented
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Experience: At least one year F&B service experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: N/A
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V