Restaurant Server - DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport
Location: US - PA - Pittsburgh
The Restaurant Server serves food and beverage items to guests in a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and timely manner This role is partly compensated by tips received from the guest.
Essential Functions include (but are not limited to):
- Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, using suggestive selling techniques.
- Clear tables during and after service.
- Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
- Ensure side station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side work duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
- Utilize a POS (Point of Sale) System to enter food and drink orders.
- Follow safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The restaurant/bar is a team oriented environment and this position may be required to assist in other areas of the restaurant as needs arise.
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Basic food/beverage knowledge.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- Ability to describe all menu items, pricing and methods of preparation.
- Professional, warm demeanor – service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time and work well under pressure
- High school or equivalent education required.
- One year of experience as a food server in a full service restaurant required. Prior hotel restaurant experience preferred.
- Must be minimum age to serve alcohol according to state specific regulations.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO