Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Restaurant Server is primarily responsible for serving guests, table and dining room clean up, and providing support in all areas of the restaurant. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Restaurant Server will work with the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager and fellow staff members to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Restaurant Server shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs dining room set-up and side work duties.
- Maintains assertive hospitality, and up sells customers by communicating thorough product knowledge.
- Serves guests according to established procedures.
- Participates in table and dining room clean up.
- Computes guest checks, operates the computerized cash register system, and accepts payments.
- Reports tips for each pay period.
- Maintains dining room safety and sanitation.
- Punches in, signs in, and reports to the Food & Beverage Manager on time and in full uniform for each shift. Obtains Manager's approval prior to punching out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Server experience preferred, but not necessary
- Knowledge of basic restaurant service and pleasant attitude
- Neat, clean, person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial