Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Live to discover, work to inspire.
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts. At Renaissance Hotels, we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career. The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel is a chic hotel in the heart of downtown Toledo with sweeping views of the Maumee River from the rooftop bar on the 12th floor. The interior design of the hotel is inspired from the local glass culture and features a trendy three-meal restaurant and the Renaissance signature “R” Lounge on the main floor.
Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel is looking for servers for our two restaurants: The Brim House and The Heights. Experience working as a server is preferred, but more importantly we are looking for a passion to create unique experiences for our guests and help them discover all the best in Toledo.
What your job entails:
* Assist preparing the restaurant by cleaning and stocking as needed
* Proactively obtain necessary supplies from storage areas and prep for use
* Provide each guest an individualized greeting using charisma and stylized communication
* Confidently know the current food and beverage offerings and answer questions or make recommendations
* Accurately detail each guest's order, going above and beyond to ensure the guest will be delighted with their food/beverage by inputting order in electronic system
* Notify kitchen staff of special requests or needs, and work as a team to deliver on expectations
* Maintain cleanliness of restaurant spaces to be inviting and accommodating
* Effectively communicate with restaurant staff and management to ensure quality guest experiences and smooth restaurant operation
* Complete additional duties as assigned as part of a team dynamic
* One to two years experience as a server preferred
* Provide examples of times you created exceptional guest experiences and creatively resolved guest issues
* Repeatedly demonstrate outstanding charisma and guest interaction
* Maintain sophistication and pleasant demeanor when confronted with stressful situations
* Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
* You must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Able to stand for hours at a time.
* You understand this job requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER