Loews Hotels is currently seeking a Part-Time Restaurant Server to join the team in San Francisco. This property is widely regarded as the top hotel in the San Francisco market, largely due to all guest rooms having panoramic city or bay views, as well as its excellent service. This position will work two days a week.
The Server maintains all dining room furniture and equipment are clean and tidy, assists guests when they have questions about the menus/wine list, takes order from guests, and anticipates guests’ needs and addresses them accordingly. The Server will report directly to the Restaurant Manager and supervisors.
- Set up tables and side station to standard.
- Maintain the dining room and station clean at all the time.
- Keep chairs and banquettes clean and clear of debris.
- Take customer food and beverage order
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage in order to service and up sell our product, including liquors and cocktails.
- Set or breakdown buffet for breakfast service.
- Make sure that all silver and glasses are wiped and spotless.
- Mark tables appropriately to food order for each course.
- Enter all sales in POS without errors. Double check list of items before “sending”.
- Make sure all product served is accounted for on the final bill before presenting.
- Set up tables according to host communication.
- Attend to and clear tables between courses throughout the meal.
- Support the food runner to help run food in a timely manner.
- Verify guest satisfaction with each table during each course served.
- Anticipate guest needs, so guests will never have to ask for anything.
- Attend all food and beverage training classes.
- Wish each and every guest a warm farewell and thank them for coming
- At the end of the shift deliver all checks and report to the appropriate place according to standard and make sure financials are correct.
- Set and maintain the dining room environment and ensure materials are clean.
- Follow the posted opening and closing duties and side work sheet.
- Attend daily pre meal/communication meeting and monthly department meeting.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive and productive work environment.
The above is not to be considered all inclusive list of responsibilities and duties may vary.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Must be able to prioritize work.
- Must be customer service oriented excellent hospitality skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including AM and PM shifts, weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V