Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Location: US - DE - Claymont
REPORTS TO: Outlet / Banquet Manager
Purpose for the Position: To serve food in a friendly professional and efficient manner to patrons of the dining establishment, lounge, and banquet functions, thereby adding to a positive experience.
- Maintains standards of food and beverage quality and guest service quality.
- Greets guests.
- Ensures prompt request for drink order.
- Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Suggests wine sales wherever appropriate.
- Relays orders to the kitchen and beverage services.
- Observes guests to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal portions have been completed.
- Clears and resets tables.
- Completes all side work as assigned.
- Maintains a clean work and storage area.
- Reading and understand MSDS.
- May assist in the set-up, cleaning, and refreshing of the function rooms.
- Attends department meetings.
- Completes projects as determined by the Banquet Manager.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make change (concessions).
- Converse with different people to provide information and deliver service.
- Stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry heavy objects like heavy trays.
- Be available on nights, days, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to Read instructions, rules, and write sentence, speak clearly.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination and/or reporting on events.
People: Speak-Signaling: Talking with and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information; includes giving assignments and/or directions to helpers or assistants.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tools, objects or materials.