Restaurant Server (PM)
JOB OVERVIEW: The Grange Server takes orders for and serves all drink requests, using suggestive selling techniques. Clears tables during service. Control guest checks and secure proper payment. Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Manager. Maintain the cleanliness of the Restaurant area through disposing of all waste, clearing and cleaning all glassware, and wiping down bar and preparation areas. (This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.)
Benefits: Some of the great benefits of being part of the Citizen Hotel Team include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, Pension Trust Fund, Associate Hotel Discount Rate program, and Career Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to service manual.
Do all necessary set-up sidework as assigned.
Answer any guest questions about the menu.
Operate the electronic cash register/P.O.S. system (where applicable).
Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must have open flexibility for scheduling, including, weekends and holidays
- Must have at least one year restaurant/bar serving experience.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry a tray weighing up to 30 lbs
- Must possess great customer relation skills and interact with guests in a warm and hospitable way
- Food and wine knowledge a must
- Will have the ability to describe all menu items, prices and methods of preparation and use suggestive selling techniques to encourage the guests to choose items that are house specialties.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, use of stairs, repetitive motions, bending, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Onsite physical attendance required