The Mark Restaurant
Location: US - NY - New York
Statement of Purpose:
The restaurant reservationist will provide a personal consultation and will assist all guests with selecting most ideal dining reservations or meeting special requests. This position includes Open Table administration, light administrative duties and use of reservation systems. The reservationist is ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of the reservation in accordance with restaurant Standards.
- Organize all reservations banquets and guests in an efficient, timely manner in accordance with The Mark by Jean-Georges standards.
- Utilizing Open Table to the best of its capacities.
- Pay close attention to mapping restaurant reservations and able to judge turn over of tables for better flow of guest seating, minimizing wait time and ensuring maximum number of customer reservations is achieved.
- Maintains and projects a positive image in telephone conversations while processing information and maintaining composure under stressful situations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of The Mark by Jean-Georges' restaurant menus and design.
- Use guest history to accurately meet guest requests.
- Communicate reservation needs to various departments as necessary.
- Create and maintain a database with local concierges.
- Uphold the Restaurant Values and Mission Statement while performing positional responsibilities and adhering to Restaurant company policies and procedures, as stated in The Mark by Jean-Georges Handbook.
Displays a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Able to communicate professionally and effectively with both guests and staff. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Is able to adapt in difficult situations solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. Can be relied upon to complete tasks.
Education and Experience:
Must have Open Table experience. At least one year fine dining experience.
Available to work late nights, holidays and long shifts if necessary.