Restaurant Outlet Manager
Be a part of the Restaurant team in Annapolis that will change the way you feel about quality food and beverage!
BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom is a casual neighborhood cookhouse and taproom featuring american fare with a tasty twist. The restaurant is a three meal serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a busy weekend brunch. The space also features a beautiful street side patio area and private dining room for special events and meetings.
Loews Hotels is seeking an experienced Restaurant Outlet Manager to lead our restaurant and in room dining (room service) teams and service.
Essential responsibilities for the Restaurant Outlet Manager will be ensuring the financial success, implementing and maintaining a strong culture of providing excellent service and upholding the food and beverage concept as it is implemented.
Specific tasks and accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates with various hotel departments heads, maintaining adequate floor coverage within the restaurant and room service and delegating administrative responsibilities when necessary.
- Support the creation of and adherence to restaurant business plan including financial models, market positioning, culinary point of view, marketing/promotion, business intelligence, etc.
- Design and implementation of a service training program that effectively marries the Loews Hotels processes with the designed restaurant concept.
- Management of restaurant budget and P&L, including ordering supplies, food and beverage inventories, cost control and labor management/payroll expenses.
- Direct responsibility for fulfilling stated culinary point of view of the restaurant in collaboration and under the concept set.
- Oversight of the Hotel Room Service department to include, staffing, training, communication, assurance of smooth day to day operations and special projects.
- Direct responsibility for market position of the restaurant as defined by restaurant competitive set and other measurements including Yelp, Trip Advisor, customer surveys, etc.
- Management of market competitive staff including recruitment, training, inspection, scheduling, etc.
- Required to attend training sessions and meetings as defined according to the role.
This position is a full time position in a Management role for the Hotel. He or she is eligible for excellent benefits to include low cost health/dental/vision with eligibility after 90 days, 401k with Company match options, paid vacation, paid sick and personal time, paid holidays, free Life Insurance, low cost short and long term disability benefits, access to Credit Union benefits, low cost dry cleaning for business attire, access to Loews Hotels team member travel benefits, career development within Loews Hotels and other excellent benefits designed to meet the unique needs of our team members.
This is a full time position that requires scheduling flexibility
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Drug Free
The ideal candidate for OutletManager will have the following qualifications and experience:
Upper management experience in independent restaurants, with knowledge and skills in all areas of a restaurant. At least 3 years previous experience as a Restaurant General Manager
- · Demonstrated financial planning and management skills with direct P&L experience
- · Proven success in service staff recruitment and retention
- · Must have experience in, and able to train and motivate staff
- · Must be able to work under pressure
- · Agility in multitasking
- · Ability to make decisions on imperfect information
- · Decisiveness
- · Must maintain high standards of service.
- · Must be fluent in English (read, speak and write).
- · Excellent communication skills are essential
- · Must be customer service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills
- · Must be flexible to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- · Must be able to obtain beverage service certification or already have
Additional knowledge, skills and experience includes
- full service hotel food and beverage management experience
- At least 5 years of progressive food and beverage management experience, with recent and previous supervisory experience
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V