A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Restaurant Manager Job Description
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is delighted to announce a partnership with renowned Chef Daniel Boulud to open Bar Boulud at the award-winning Mandarin Oriental, Boston in autumn 2014. The French-inspired bistro and wine bar will be Chef Boulud's first restaurant in Boston and will follow the successful format of Bar Boulud in New York and in London, which have achieved significant acclaim.
Overview and job mission
The Restaurant Manager will assume operational responsibility for the Restaurant. The candidate should be able to anticipate guests' needs and address them accordingly in order to provide guests with a delightful experience.
The Restaurant Manager will report directly to the Bar Boulud General Manager
Minimum of 2 year experience in a similar role, able to perform duties and responsibilities of:
Being the Best
- Show a strong belief in team work and positive attitude
- Show integrity and respect
- Provide excellent service at all time to all our guests
- Anticipate guest needs, as to where guests will never have to ask for anything
- Attend all food and beverage training classes when requested
- Require to attend all daily pre shift on scheduled days
- Willing to work holidays, weekends, PM, AM shifts and overtime
- Professional appearance and demeanor at all time
- Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
Delighting our Guests
- Provide leadership and support for all Restaurant Staff.
- Trains, evaluates and schedules Restaurant Staff in accordance with the standards of the company policies and guidelines.
- Develop and implement system for checking maintenance of tabletop supplies through staff side work duties.
- Create side work schedules for all positions. Ensure compliance and follow through.
- Keep record and communicate of any exemplary or deficient examples of food, décor or service.
- Performs administrative duties such as, but not limited to, scheduling, payroll and inventory.
- Scheduling, recruitment and interviewing for new colleagues
- Provide excellent service at all time to all of our guests
- Assist guest courteously and efficiently
- To visit all of our guest tables during or after their visit, to ensure satisfaction.
- To manage, coach, and counsel colleagues, including disciplinary procedures
- Manager day to day operations
Playing by the Rules
- Complete daily cleaning schedule in accordance the Mandarin Oriental, Boston Safe and Sound HACCP plan.
- Record HACCP documentation and pass it on the manager when completed
- Follow HACCP training provided by the restaurant manager
- Understand and follow the Mandarin Oriental, Boston safe and sound habits and routines.
- Responsible for the working area to be cleaned and sanitized and the floor without debris