Crowne Plaza Hotel
Very generous benefit package
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
This position is responsible for ensuring the restaurant, lounge, room service and banquets operate effectively on the dinner/evening shift, including adherence to all health regulations. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Manages assigned staff/departments to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive associate relations.
- Effective Operation of Restaurant/Outlets: Leads the staff to restaurant and all outlets operate efficiently and business goals are achieved. Attends appropriate meetings and communicates effectively with all responsible staff to ensure guest and associate needs are met.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage service standards are met and guest needs are responded to in a timely manner. Resolves guest complaints in courteous and friendly manner, focusing on service recovery when applicable. Works side by side with staff to train and model appropriate guest service standards.
- People Management and Development: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all associates. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold associates accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing associates. Responsible for training all associates and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Ensures all company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Financial Expectations: Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs. Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to restaurant/outlets based on sales and guest comments. Responsible for operating within a set budget and managing of expenses to achieve and maximize profit expectations. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conducts routine inspections of restaurant/outlets to maintain quality food and beverage standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member incidents.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe, TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain certification is required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Three+ years of progressive restaurant or food and beverage experience required, with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience. Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with associates and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving throughout the shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a venue of similar brand, volume and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled