We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Restaurant Manager is primarily responsible for supervising the restaurant and bar staff in the delivery of services. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Restaurant Manager will work with the Food & Beverage Director and Assistant Restaurant Manager to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Restaurant Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises the restaurant and bar staff in the delivery of services.
- Coordinates special restaurant services such as "private dining events"
- Supports and ensures quality product from kitchen line.
- Makes certain guests receive quality service.
- Controls the inventories of beverage and assists with food and non-food inventories.
- Orders beverage and controls costs.
- Schedules staff according to budget guidelines and need.
- Hires, trains, develop and discipline subordinates.
- Ensures financial procedures are adhered to and resolves all discrepancies.
- Manages Point of Sale system and reconciles financials.
- Enforces standards and rules for safety, cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures financial procedures are adhered to and resolves discrepancies.
- Assists with marketing plans for outlets.
- Ensures all staff is supplied with appropriate position uniform and that associates follow the uniform guidelines set forth.
- Attends staff meetings at the scheduled time.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Director.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary work in restaurant, food service or comparable experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have basic mathematical skill for report / forecast preparation
- Must be able to manage time effectively
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be goal-oriented
- Must be alert to the customers' needs
- Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have strong motivational and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to resolve problems, conflicts in a tactful and diplomatic manner
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk about the restaurant and kitchen area
- Able to lift at up to 50 pounds
- Noise level is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more ...