Vail Resorts Inc. is the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations.
Vail Resorts owns or manages 13 hotels located at its five premier mountain resorts of Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and Heavenly, including RockResorts branded hotels and about 1,500 managed condominiums and townhomes. The Company also operates RockResorts in Santa Fe, Jackson Hole, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and St. Lucia.
Our mission is simple. Experience of a lifetime.
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Restaurant Manager - The Lodge at Vail, a RockResort - Vail, CO
This opportunity is for a creative and innovative manager to push the boundaries and help create a memorable dining experience for our guests. There could be an opportunity to drive additional Apres Ski and dinner service if you have the right ideas and ambition! We are looking for a Restaurant Manager to oversee Cucina Rustica, which is currently our mountain comfort breakfast restaurant, and our In Room Dining Department.
Be a part of the team at the iconic and traditional Lodge at Vail. We share a unique history with Vail Mountain in being the first hotel to open and operate back in 1962. We strive to provide an above and beyond experience for our guests. This is a VERY exciting year the Lodge at Vail as we have just undergone a huge renovation and have a completely updated lobby and 56 retro ski inspired guest rooms to enhance the guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees all aspects of Lodge at Vail food service including Cucina, room service, apres ski and pool bar service in season.
- Ensures that the guest experience is pleasant in regard to atmosphere, service and quality of food and beverage products by adhering to the Rock Resort brand/ performance standards.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive team.
- Delegates authority appropriately to Assistant Managers, Supervisors and staff members and follows up on all duties and issues to ensure timely completion.
- Is actively involved in the operation through daily interaction with both the staff and Resort guests.
- Demonstrates proactive leadership qualities in both the daily operation of the department as well as in long-term visioning.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Ultimately responsible for the dining room and bar's appearance, consistency of set up, food and beverage service and quality of the experience.
- Coordinates daily pre-shift huddles to educate the staff on resort information and conduct daily training standards.
- Ensures that all employees are in proper uniform and execute their job according to the Vail/RockResorts brand performance standards.
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including: scheduling to the forecasted business levels, posting weekly schedules in a timely manner, monitoring weekly payroll, ensuring par levels are maintained and that all equipment is on hand and in excellent condition.
- Enforces internal cost and labor controls.
- Creates, and adheres to, departmental budget, payroll forecasting and capital improvement budgets.
- Maintains excellent communication between different departments in the resort as well as within Cucina.
- Handles disciplinary issues that may arise in a prompt and professional manner according to resort guidelines.
- Oversees the proper and safe use of all equipment.
- Meets with Meeting Planners and Sales/Event Managers as needed to coordinate special menu planning and themed events.
- Responsible for attending numerous Resort wide meetings and communicating all relevant information to the Banquet team.
- Oversees the compliance of state liquor laws and all health regulations.
- Complies with all Resort policies, procedures and standards of operation.
- Performs any additional tasks or projects as required.
- High School graduate. -required
- College degree. -preferred
- Strong computer skills; word, point of sale, Excel. -re