Location: US - TN - Knoxville
Plan and manage the restaurant, room service and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate and franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting or exceeding financial goals.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use the PM Hotel Group efforts for all recruiting, and on-boarding activities.
• Implement company programs and manage the operations of the restaurant, room service and any other food and beverage outlets as required to ensure compliance with company policy, safety regulations and federal, state and local regulations to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality are provided to the guest.
• Forecast, implement, monitor, control and report on the various outlet budgets and their components (labor costs, food costs, beverage costs, supplies, equipment, etc.) to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality customer service.
• Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages. Oversee restaurant serving staff to ensure proper liquor controls are in place.
• Oversee all staff in cash handling positions to ensure compliance with PM Hotel Group cash handling policies and procedures. Comply with all PM Hotel Group accounting rules and standards to ensure compliance.
• Respond to customer trends, needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
• Create, recommend and implement promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture in-house guests and a larger share of the local market.
• Monitor and control the maintenance/sanitation of the various outlet areas and equipment to protect the assets, comply with policies and procedures and ensure quality service.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Requires thorough knowledge of the restaurant/hotel practices and procedures in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to move throughout all food and beverage areas and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and distinguish product quality by smell, taste, and appearance.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.