Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Location: US - PA - Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA, US 19106
Responsible for the maintenance and performance the hotel service performance and F&B marketing and events to include active management of the FOH service team, service standards and service training in accordance with the restaurant and bar objectives, industry best practices and budgetary guidelines. Additionally, planning and execution of marketing initiatives and events, including social media.
- Keep all FOH labor expenses at or below the budget
- Schedule FOH service staff on a weekly basis to meet business volumes and F&B budgetary constraints
- Coordinate with culinary team to ensure proper training and roll out of specials and new menu items
- Supervise and monitor FOH staff performance during scheduled shifts
- Approach all interactions with goal of fostering genuine warmth and hospitality among staff members and between staff and guests
- Uphold service standards and staff responsibilities,
- Uphold Management and Brand standards
- Conduct regular and continuous training for all FOH service staff to ensure service performance
- Train all service staff upon hire and on an ongoing basis
- Review all changes made to printed menus to ensure proper spelling and listing
- Conduct interviews for service staff
- Participate in monthly Restaurant manager meetings
- Ensure that the cash handling policies and procedures are followed by all staff in cash handling positions. Abide by accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Programming POS as needed
- Manage reservation program and reservation process
- Plan and execute promotional events in line with marketing plan
- Manage contributions to social media channels
- Other duties may be required
- Ability to interact positively with management, coworkers, team members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Basic Math Skills
- Demonstrable Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrable competence with restaurant POS systems.
- Ability to work on your feet more than 8 hours
NOTE: This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
A minimum of 3 years experience in a fine dining/casual fine dining restaurant to include 1 year in a management position. Bachelor Degree preferred. Advanced wine/beer/spirits knowledge. Strong customer service skills. Intermediate food knowledge. Strong written and verbal communication skills.