This position is responsible for the overall management of the respective Food and Beverage Area - Full Service Restaurant, to include: staffing, training, scheduling employees, planning and coordinating all restaurant activities to ensure efficient operation of the department. Producing a quality product which exceeds the guest’s expectations and hotel standards and is delivered in a friendly and professional manner.
- Manages multiple areas and oversees Assistant F&B Area Managers and Supervisors.
- Oversees employees and operation ensuring organization, cleanliness, proper maintenance and supplies
- Provides floor coverage as needed
- Coordinates with various hotel departments heads, maintaining adequate floor coverage within the outlet and delegating administrative responsibilities when necessary
- Organizes department through the creation of checklists, seating charts, pars and centralizing information and supplies
- Staffs outlets for staff and management based on the information and needs as presented and defined by the Executive Management
- Plans 30/60/90 day forecast, yearly budget, and employee needs. Promotes within and outside of the hotel to generate sales
- Controls product quality, service quality, general maintenance, discrepant deposits and checks, payroll, and costs towards higher profit, increased customer satisfaction and uniform standards of operation
- Evaluates the various reports supplied by supervisors and submits written observations on forms provided as required
- Directs staff towards the goals of the Loews Corporation as defined by management
- Ensures proper handling of guest checks and payment transactions
- Intercedes and/or fills in for employees should need occur
- Trains or supervises the training of all department employees
- Encourage a positive attitude among employees and ensure that all guests, employees, and management are treated with courtesy and respect
- Notifies immediate supervisor promptly and fully of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to the guests, management and fellow employees
- Attends all appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with safety regulations and procedures
- Complies with hotel policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standards
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have experience in, and able to train and motivate staff
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Agility in multitasking
- Ability to make decisions on imperfect information
- Must maintain high standards of service.
- Must be fluent in English (read, speak and write).
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Must be customer service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills
- Must be flexible to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to obtain Food Handle’s Card
- High School diploma required
- Minimum of 4 years Food & Beverage Management Experience
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V