Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sacramento Marriott provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-267-6715 to let us know the nature of your request.
Food and Beverage Manager and Food and Beverage Director
Will be required to work AM and PM shifts, weekdays, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to Guest.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to transport food and beverage to Guests.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble linen, tables, china, flatware and glassware to restaurant standards.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team.
- Ability to adhere to posted work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and impeccable uniform.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the following:
- Table, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant and room service departments.
- All liquor, beer, and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes.
- Characteristics and descriptions of every wine/champagne selection and all major wines on the wine list.
- All menu items, prices, preparation time/method, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, and method of presentation.
- State liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Correct maintenance and use of food and beverage serving/preparation equipment.
- All service standards required by Marriott including safety and emergency procedures.
- Accountable for all guest service to include, but not limited to:
- Serving food and beverage to guests in a friendly, attentive manner.
- Anticipate Guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all Guests, however busy.
- Maintain positive Guest relations at all times.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests.
- Greet all guests within the first 60 seconds and follow the 15/5 rule.
- Responsible for speaking to several guests each day in all stations.
- Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving Guest complaints.
- Open wine/champagne bottles and serve in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Keep all beverages full.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the Guest in accordance with standards.
- Ensure all plates are properly garnished before delivering to the guest.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Clear each course and pre-bus station following restaurant procedures.
- Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dish washing area.
- Assist with opening and closing duties as needed.
- Responsible for enforcing all service standards in the restaurant as noted above in Job Duties #1.
- Responsible for enforcing all associate policies in accordance with the employee handbook in the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Food and Beverage Director. Report all infraction of policies immediately to the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Food and Beverage Director when present.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions.
- Be a Team Player.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all associates take their required breaks. Ensure that all stations are covered during breaks and that the Greeter/Cashier is notified of breaks.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of associate morale.
- In the absence of the Food & Beverage Manager and Food and Beverage Director, the Restaurant Manager is responsible for controlling labor by sending staff members home when they are not needed.
- Responsible for posting weekly cleaning duties. Responsible for ensuring all staff complete weekly cleaning duties.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff members are at the daily stand up meetings. Responsible for conducting the meeting if the Food & Beverage Manager and Food and Beverage Director are absent or unavailable.
- Responsible for training all Restaurant and food and beverage staff.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of the kitchen, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Must have current certification in TIPS Alcohol Awareness. Responsible for stopping the serving of alcohol to guests who appear to be intoxicated and for assisting other staff members in doing so.
- Assist with Starbucks operations to include, but not limited to:
- Assist with making drinks and food orders for guests.
- Assist in supervising baristas.
- Responsible for ensuring that all associates take their required breaks.
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Assist with ordering operating supplies.
- Assist with promotions.
- Assist with inventory.
- Ensure Starbucks operating standards are followed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
High School or better.
Minimum 3 years experience as a supervisor in a restaurant environment
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (valid)
CA Food Handler