Extensive benefits offered
- Happy, professional team members who demonstrate aggressive friendliness.
- A clean, crisp, safe property where everything works.
- Guests and team members receive all that they expect... plus a little bit more.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel is searching for a Restaurant Manager who will fully embrace managing all aspects of the Food and Beverage Department on the night shift. Our team is very successful at providing the highest level of customer to all guests according to company and brand standards. We are looking for a strong leader to be very dedicated in supporting and leading this great team and in serving as person-in-charge for the hotel at night, including showing sound judgment in making independent decisions and ensuring security protocols are being followed.
This position is responsible for ensuring the restaurant, lounge and room service operate effectively, including adherence to all health regulations. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality. Manages assigned staff/departments to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive associate relations.
Ensures readiness and appearance of the restaurant as well as the portion of the kitchen used by the front-of-house service staff including:
- Interviews, hires, coaches, and develops associates. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing associates. Provides support as needed to all service staff. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold associates accountable
- Plans and conducts daily pre-shift meetings to provide staff with relevant information
- Responsible for training all associates and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Ensures all company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Responsible for the solid close of the department to ensure that the restaurant is ready for a successful opening the following morning.
- Completes daily end of shift log/online reporting.
- Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment.
Responds effectively to guest inquiries about hotel products/outlets, services and hours of operation as well as providing information about local businesses, attractions and events.
Purchases liquor, wine and beer and assists in managing their distribution and inventory. Develops and implements seasonal drink/beer menus for the bar.Assists in developing restaurant food promotions and marketing tools.
Is able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of the entire food and drink menu including length of time for preparation.
Conducts hotel business activity in compliance with company cash handling standards.
Is able to see assigned projects through to completion.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Performs the manager-on-duty role at night: Anticipates and responds to guests in a friendly and positive manner. Resolves hotel guest concerns as well as F&B guest concerns within the permitted guidelines for this position or refers the matter to the next level of management. Understands and acts in accordance with the B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group guest service recovery program. Follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member incidents or accidents. Knowledgeable about hotel emergency procedures.
Financial Expectations: Accountable for achieving business revenue goals by developing and implementing service programs. Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships to drive repeat business/customer referrals. Uses expertise to develop and implement changes to restaurant/outlets based on sales and guest comments. Responsible for operating within a set budget and managing of expenses to achieve and maximize profit expectations. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs and the departmental budget. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines.
Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
Safety/Risk Management: Conducts routine inspections of restaurant/outlets to maintain quality food and beverage standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospital
Required skills and experience:
Education: College degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe, TIPS or CARE beverage service certification or the ability to obtain certification is required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Three+ years of progressive restaurant or food and beverage experience in an operation where alcohol, beer and wine are served is required, with a minimum of one year supervisory/management experience. Must have the ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with associates and guests. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Ability to lift, transport, and connect a keg weighing up to 150 pounds an occasional basis with assistance. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and moving throughout the shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 2+ years of supervisory/management experience in a venue of similar brand, volume and reputation for focus on guest satisfaction.