About Stonebridge Companies
Our core values are what drive our Company. We strive to create a respectable, stable and enjoyable workplace, to conduct our business with integrity, to recognize and celebrate our innovative associates, to uphold quality standards, to strive for enriched service and to support the communities in our backyards. Our mission is to consistently refer to the four components of our Mission Statement for guidance during both good and turbulent times. Stonebridge Companies' vision is to be recognized as a highly respected industry leader in hotel development and a top operator of hotel assets.
Stonebridge Companies is interested in attracting and investing in talented, dedicated and highly motivated associates who want to join a progressive organization that believes their associates are their greatest asset. We believe that what lies at the heart of a great company is a place where associates are respected. We believe that when a culture of respect is paramount, associates will in turn treat our guests to the highest level of respect they can deliver. Our current and future success is based on our ability to predict associates needs, recognize their talent, cultivate and nurture those skills. What inspires our associates to want to come to work every day is the opportunity to learn and partner with inspired leaders who are active listeners that care about them.
* Are you looking for an exciting, rewarding and progressive career in hospitality?
* Are you outgoing, adventuresome and consider yourself a people person?
* Do you enjoy making people smile and going out of your way to make them happy?
* Would you like to be a part of a successful team, motivating each other to reach far beyond our goals to grow into industry leaders?
* Are you nodding your head and thinking YES, THIS IS ME?
Then submit your application to be considered for this fantastic opportunity!
About our Hotel: The Four-Diamond, award-winning Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center is Located in the historic Colorado National Bank building in downtown Denver. The Renaissance hotel is part of the Marriott family and it is managed by Stonebridge Companies. Our hotel offers 230 guest rooms in the heart of downtown Denver. For business and social functions we offer 6,000 square feet of gathering space and also utilize our historic with sixteen original murals created by famous Colorado artist Allen Tupper lobby for private functions. For dining options, we offer the award winning range restaurant, teller bar and the only illy caffé in Colorado. Some of our benefits • Opportunities for career growth • Discounted RTD Eco bus/light rail pass • Discounted Hotel rooms ( Marriott and Stonebridge Hotels) • 20 % Discount on Dinning Experience at Marriott Properties • 50 % Discount on Dining Experience at our managed restaurants • Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (Eligibility: 30 days after hire) • 401(k) retirement plan offered after 6 months, eligible for company match at 1 year • Free Life Insurance to all associates • Discounted employee meals • Anniversary Pay • Holiday pay And much more
The purpose of a FOOD & BEVERAGE/RESTAURANT MANAGER is to direct and organize the activities and services of a hotel food and beverage outlet (restaurant, lounge, room service, coffee shop, etc) according to hotel brand standards and in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages all outlet operations to include, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy & procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation.
* Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition.
* Monitor and assess product and service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly.
* Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
* Initiate and implement marketing and up-selling techniques to promote restaurant food and beverage and services and to maximize overall revenue.
* Ensure associates have current knowledge of outlet offerings, products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of hotel and local area.
* Recruit, interview and train team members.
* Monitor budget and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
* Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
* Develop weekly staff work schedule, based on forecasted occupancy while monitoring labor costs in accordance with budget.
* Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
* Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
* Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation and complete all brand required training.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
* Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when necessary.
* Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions, consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
* Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
* Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
* Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
* Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
* Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
* Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
* Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using intuition and experience to complement data.
* Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
* Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a harassment-free environment.
* Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
* Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and objectives.
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
* Practices attentive and active listening with all employees.
* Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
* Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
* Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
* Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
* Monitors and controls labor costs.
* Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
* Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses performance concerns of staff.
* Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are achieved.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one