Stowe Mountain Lodge, located in the heart of the storybook town of Stowe, Vermont, is New England's preeminent ski-in/ski-out mountain lodge. Boasting 312 luxuriously appointed accommodations, world-class spa, award-winning dining, 18-hole Bob Cupp designed golf course, 24-hour heated pool and a wide array of year-round activities, Stowe Mountain Lodge is a destination truly unlike anything else in the east. Despite the carefully crafted rustic Vermont-Alpine architecture, stunning, panoramic mountain views and the tranquility of the area, Stowe Mountain Lodge believes success is achieved by the team behind the property. At Stowe Mountain Lodge, we promote a strong work ethic, cooperation and a team-building mentality, positive spirit, new ideas and growth and reward those who consistently go above and beyond in their work. We empower our employees, at every level, so each individual can truly make a difference at Stowe Mountain Lodge. Undoubtedly, we recognize it is people that support Stowe Mountain Lodge that make it the most exceptional, unsurpassed, luxury ski resort in the Northeast.
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible for greeting and seating guests, overseeing dining room maintenance and monitoring service to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential Functions
- Warmly greet guests into the restaurant
- Proactively support the restaurant team while monitoring dining room activity
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while maintaining an organized host stand or work area
Sincerely thank guests leaving the restaurant and invite them to return
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior food and beverage experience preferred.
• Prior supervisory experience, preferably in Food and Beverage, preferred.
• Technical proficiency (basic computer applications).
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Customer service experience.
• Strong organizational and time management discipline.
• Understanding of hospitality operating systems.
• Operate effectively in stressful situations.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to guests changing needs.
• Flexible schedule to include early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.