A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
The Restaurant Hostess will handle reservations and log all special requests and preferences in order to consistently delight and satisfy our guests. Hostess will assist in sitting guests and provide occasional assistance to guest on menu items.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in similar position, preferably in luxury environment.
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ensures all colleagues maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times
- Ensures colleagues wear designated uniforms which are well pressed and in a good state of repair and that name badges are worn at all times
- Maintains a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and is able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner
- Handles guest complaints or problems promptly, ensuring that any resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to the manager in a timely manner
- Ensures hotel policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensures statutory rules and regulations are adhered to e.g. Health & Safety at Work, Weights and Measures, licensing laws etc.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and ensures colleagues follow evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm
- Demonstrates security conscious behaviours in respect of guests, colleagues and hotel property / welfare and reports suspicious circumstances to the Manager
- Attends meetings and training sessions that may be beneficial personally or to the restaurant operation