Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewYou will be an integral member of the team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will be responsible for greeting and seating guests, overseeing dining room maintenance and monitoring service to ensure guest satisfaction. Essential Functions
- Warmly greet guests into the restaurant
- Proactively support the restaurant team while monitoring dining room activity
- Collaborate with team members to communicate any special needs or guest requests
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond and take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Enjoy multi-tasking at a fast pace while maintaining an organized host stand or work area
Sincerely thank guests leaving the restaurant and invite them to return
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others preferred.
- Knowledge. Familiarity of restaurant terminology and food service techniques preferred.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate fluently in English both verbally and through legible writing
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.