Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Restaurant Host / Hostess greets and seats guests in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with policies and procedures. May process guest bills and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge procedures and accounting policies and procedures. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize and maintain a clean service podium.
- Ensure all tables are properly set before seating guests. Ensure all menus are clean.
- Maintain and use seating chart for rotation of stations.
- Greet and seat guests properly and issue menus.
- Answer phone properly and follow all reservation procedures.
- Follow all cash handling, credit card transactions and room charge procedures for guest payments.
- Complete assigned sidework and related cleaning duties.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests, vendors and associates.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONSThe Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education plus one or more years of related experience. Alcohol awareness certification and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper seating chart rotation. Ability to process guest bills and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card transactions, room charge processes and accounting policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lense
The Norfolk Waterside Marriott is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.