Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is seeking Host to join our team. Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is a Four-Diamond hotel, luxury 340 room hotel with 25,000 square feet of meeting/function space, and Mason's Restaurant and Mason's Bar. For more information about Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com.
The Host is a part of the Mason's Restaurant Team. This person is responsible for greeting and seating guests, coordinates seating to balance workload among Servers, oversees dining room maintenance, monitors service to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Controls OPENTABLE, accepts reservations and enters them accurately into the record
- Maintains guest history files, uses information to enhance repeat guests experience
- Inspects dining room and service areas to ensure completion of all tasks prior to start of meal period
- Maintains guest records to; record arrival, cover count, seat assignment, turnover, availability
- Inspects menus to ensure cleanliness and acceptability
- Greets guests in a polite professional manner
- Determines guest needs, verifies table availability, assigns appropriate table for seating
- Guides guest to appropriate table
- Assists guest with seating, and presents menu
- Ensures removal of unnecessary place settings at occupied tables
- Notifies server of guest seating, and communicates any special needs or requests
- Inspects dining room appearance constantly, assigns correction of deficiencies to appropriate employee
- Monitors dining room activity, assists Servers as needed to ensure performance to standard
- Inspects dining room and service areas to ensure completion of all tasks
- Maintain Host Stand - organized at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant terminology and food service techniques and sanitation standards
- Exceptional communication skills-Verbal & Written- Must be fluent in English.
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Excellent management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Able to stand for long period of time
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V