Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Restaurant Host(ess) will courteously greet and escort guests to tables and assist in seating. The Restaurant Host(ess) will assist in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the room at all times. He/she will also take reservations and maintain the reservation book. This position will assist in monitoring the guests needs and all phases of the operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Responsibilities:
- Greets the guests with a warm, welcoming smile.
- Seats guests following a rotation of stations, presents menus.
- Obtains cash bank and opens MICROS.
- Checks reservations for the shift.
- Fills out paperwork for guest checks and assignments of shift.
- Accommodates guest’s requests and situations in a professional manner.
- Assists, as needed, with bussing and resetting tables, pouring water/tea/coffee, serving bread, etc.
- Answers incoming calls (within 3 rings) with proper telephone etiquette and dialog, questions about specials, menus and making reservations.
- Follows all cash handling procedures, including cash bank reconciliation and end of shift “drop” procedures.
- Check restaurant for proper set-up upon arrival.
- Check micro machines to make sure they are set to the proper menu.
- Fill out floor plan by checking station rotation chart. Assign sidework schedule on floor plan. Post floor plan at host stand.
- Fill out menu class form, gather specials and daily information from expeditor or food production manager. Conduct menu class.
- Seat guests following a rotation of stations, issue menus. If there is an extra seat, and no DRA, remove the extra silverware and return them to credenza.
- Record number of guests on guest flow chart per station. Next in rotation should be marked on this sheet.
- Know micro procedure if applicable.
- Check opening sidework before sending servers on break.
- Set micro machines to next shift’s menu and turn machines off.
- Be familiar with hotel facilities and their location and hours of operation or where to direct guests to find this information. Know directions to get to hotel.
- Each employee is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management that the employee is capable of performing.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous service experience preferred. Must be able to follow directions and get along well with others.
- Must be TIPS, CARE (or equivalent) certified, or become certified by first day on the job.
- Must be flexible to work weekday and weekend shifts; must be able to work AM shifts.