The mission of MetWest Terra Hospitality is to provide evolutionary service and sustainable resources to the hospitality industry. We operate unique luxury hotels while providing our employees with mutually valued relationships enhanced by our commitment to creating extraordinary environments.
For our employees, we offer an environment that allows for individual development and opportunities to make an impact on each other, the guest experience, and our environment. For our guests, we create an environment based upon friendly, thoughtful and knowledgeable service aimed at creating unparalleled, indigenous and impactful memories.
For our business partners, we provide an environment of ethical, responsible and experienced leadership aimed at superior return on investment, and long term financial sustainability.
At MetWest Terra Hospitality we look at every resource we have and preserve it for tomorrow. While most companies emphasize the ï¿½Three Psï¿½ philosophy (People, Product and Profit), we look at our business model with a strong focus on the ï¿½Four Pï¿½ philosophy (People, Product, Profit and Planet). This philosophy ensures that our efforts to recruit and train the best caliber of employees, to provide impactful and meaningful services and products, and to ensure our strong focus on the financial sustainability of our hotels are all balanced against making the smallest environmental footprint possible.
Restaurant General Manager
The Restaurant General Manager has responsibility for the management of the Restaurant operation. This individual provides restaurant guests with friendly and professional service, excellent food quality, strong price value and consistency of execution in an attractive, well-maintained environment. Further responsibilities include personnel development objectives and meeting the company’s financial goals. Work hours/days vary as dictated by business needs, and may include weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Proper guest service requires an employee that is thoroughly trained in service sequence, product knowledge, and makes every effort to meet the needs of each and every guest. It is the General Manager’s responsibility to lead service education through:
- Daily line-ups;
- New server, busser, host and bartender training programs;
- Ongoing development programs, seminars;
- Daily evaluation of restaurant service performance;
- Employee discussion and annually evaluations;
- Coordination of timely food production
Manages all subordinate supervisors in the Restaurant. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this restaurant’s personnel. Also directly supervises all non-supervisor employees.
- Supervises daily restaurant operations, establishing and maintaining dining room policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the daily cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant both internally and externally.
- Provides a safe working environment by ensuring compliance with safety programs, Health Department requirements and job safety analysis.
- Responsible for communicating with management and team members.
- The Restaurant General Manager needs to work with the Executive Chef to provide “excellent quality and presentation” of all food to the guests. The General Manager participates in evaluation of food product, kitchen, employee performance, and development of product consistent with our market position.
- Works closely with the Restaurant Manager in the selection and pricing strategy of all liquors and wines, and supervision of their procurement.
- Participates in creating the financial objectives of the restaurant on an annual basis through the budget process. It is the General Manager’s responsibility to meet the financial targets in the sales area by executing and enhancing the annual marketing plan, reacting quickly to new opportunities, running consistently high operation standards, and effective utilization of marketing funds. It is also the Restaurant General Manager’s responsibility to meet budget in all areas of cost control with consistent focus on cost of sales any payroll.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four –Year College or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, staff, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, proportions, volume and cost of sales.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: alcohol Awareness and Health Safety Training according to local Governmental Agencies.
We offer a wide variety of benefits to our employees! Regular, full-time employees are eligible for health benefits including medical, dental, vision plans and more. All employees are eligible for room and dining discounts, incentive plans and our matching 401k plan.
We conduct post offer background screening