Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and fellow employees.
• Keep all work areas clean and properly stocked according to the current meal period.
• Keep all tables cleaned and properly set according to property specific standards.
• Break down trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom area according to established standards.
• Assist servers by delivering and refilling beverages, pre-bussing tables, and promptly resolving any guest requests.
• Complete daily opening and closing duties and cleaning according to established side-work checklist.
• Answer the phone in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
• Assist fellow employees as needed throughout the shift.
• Provide service to guests in waiter’s absence as needed.
• Maintain beverage levels in glasses/cups on table at least ¾ full at all times. (coffee, tea, soda, lemonade, and water).
• Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
• High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
• Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Ability to stand during entire shift.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)