The Loews Atlanta Hotel is seeking a Restaurant Cook to join our team.
Loews Atlanta Hotel offers 414 supremely comfortable guest rooms, including 44 suites, all of which are luxuriously appointed and are furnished to suit the needs of both families and business travelers. Loews Atlanta Hotel features 40,000+ square feet of versatile indoor function space. For more information about the Loews Atlanta Hotel please visit http://www.loewshotels.com/atlanta-hotel/.
Saltwood, located inside the Loews Atlanta Hotel, is Midtown’s newest small-plate-style restaurant. Named for its emphasis on salted, cured meats and classically rustic presentation on wood blocks, this casual eatery features a charcuterie station that serves as the restaurant’s centerpiece. Diners can pull up bar stools to sample house-made and locally sourced items and sip on handcrafted cocktails and local microbrews while watching the restaurant’s charcuterie chef hand-carve meats and assemble charcuterie plates.
Executive chef Olivier Gaupin, a native of Orleans, France, borrows both from his European roots and a decade living in the American South, to bring a unique yet refined approach to local ingredients and cooking traditions.
The 190-seat Saltwood, which includes the bar, restaurant, 20-seat patio, 125-seat private dining space, and chef’s table, means diners can create their own unique experiences from intimate dinners for two to social gatherings around communal tables.
For an authentic taste and feel of the Midtown Atlanta lifestyle, Saltwood is the place to be.
The Restaurant Cook is a key member of the Saltwood Culinary Team and will work closely with restaurant team members to deliver superb cuisine to our guests.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Reports directly to the Chef, Sous Chef, and Supervisor
- Prepares/cooks all volume food inters according to standard recipes and specifications to ensure consistency of product
- Must adhere to control procedures for cost/quality
- Checks and controls the proper storage an rotation of product, checking on portion control to maintain a quality product
- Practice inventory controls, including the preparation of and pick up of item from the storeroom
- Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates
- Cleaning of walk-ins, reach-in boxes, to ensure all equipment in working areas is clean and sanitary and in proper working condition, in order to comply with health department regulations
- Maintains cooking and preparation areas in a clean condition at all times
- Responsible for the cleanliness of their assigned station (table, cooler, cutting boards)
- Will be required to work varying schedules that reflect the business needs of the hotel
- All other duties as assigned
- Have at least 1-2 years line experience in an upscale restaurant
- Be passionate about the culinary industry and creating great food.
- Have a strong knowledge of cooking techniques.
- Be a good team player and have a positive attitude..
- Able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma, or its equivalent
- Ability to stand, stoop, bend; lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V