We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Restaurant Bartender is primarily responsible for serving properly mixed drinks to guests, table and dining room clean up, and providing support in all areas of the restaurant. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Restaurant Server will work with the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager and fellow staff members to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Restaurant Bartender shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Knows and applies federal, state, and local laws governing the service of alcoholic beverages, as well as the hotel's policies regarding liquor service and liability.
- Gathers all needed supplies and equipment for the bar set-up.
- Sets up the bar according to hotel standards and maintains it during the shift.
- Performs necessary side work.
- Reports tips for each pay period.
- Serves properly mixed drinks to guests.
- Punches in and reports to the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager on time and in full uniform for each shift. Obtains Manager's approval prior to punching out.
- Runs tabs, computes guest checks, operates the computerized cash register system, and accepts payments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Accredited bartender certificate preferred.
- Previous bartending experience is required.
- Knowledge of basic restaurant service and pleasant attitude
- Neat, clean, person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be alert to the customers' needs
- Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Able to stand for 8 hours
- Ablel to walk around the bar and restaurant area
- Able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Able to perform lifting and simple grasping
- Noise level is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Benefits : Gratuities, Hilton Hotel discounts