Apply Now Quirk Hotel will be a 75-room boutique art-focused luxury hotel, bringing art and life together to create a unique hotel experience in downtown Richmond, VA. The historic mid-rise Italian Renaissance building was originally built in 1916 and is located in the heart of the Arts & Culture District, within walking distance to many shops, and restaurants. The hotel features and amenities include a signature restaurant and bar and gourmet coffee shop, located in the expansive Lobby along with a seasonal roof deck bar and approximately 3,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space and a highly visible prime location at the corner of West Broad Street and Jefferson Street. Quirk Hotel enjoys an ideal location that is proximate and easily accessible to the area's major transportation arteries.
Job OverviewYou will use your mixologist talent to prepare and serve great alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for each guest, every time, all while enjoying the fun that each guest brings. While mixing and creating, the bartender is responsible for ensuring that all state, federal and property specific policies and procedures are upheld.Essential Functions
- Embrace service with a story through creating and serving both distinctive and traditional alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the food, services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Orchestrate an extraordinary guest experience by providing a fun and positive environment
- Be an advocate of our menu offering, receive food orders at the bar, and ensure accuracy before guest delivery
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine, Beer and Food service
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TIPs certification required
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.