Residential Concierge (Overnight)
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto
Location: CA - ON - Toronto
As the face of the Lobby, the Residential Concierge welcomes residents and their visitors with the utmost warmth and professionalism. Responding to a variety of requests such as: entertainment / dining bookings, transportation, directions, courier service, floral arrangements, dry-cleaning, pet services, shopping advice, knowledge of city information, knowledge of amenities and services, booking the moving elevator, recording distribution of unit keys, announcing visitors, receiving and storing packages, coordinating valet parking for visitors and responding to complaints.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity.
- Strive to provide a 5 diamond/5 star experience to residents and Shangri-La hospitality from caring people.
- Inspire a high level of creativity, resourcefulness, personal commitment to service excellence and an emotional sense of gracious hospitality.
- Maintain expertise and contacts within local venues, attractions, restaurants, tourism events and local counterparts.
- As a true service Ambassador, represent the “face of Shangri-La hotel, Toronto,” and interact with residents to provide information, assist with personal events, arrangements, bookings, tickets and reservations.
- Develop and oversee as appropriate, a customized menu of household services for the residences at Living Shangri-La.
- Communicate with residents in a clear and articulate manner with professional language skills.
- Maintain a high degree of awareness with regard to security and report any discrepancies and suspicious activity to the security team.
- Coordinate the correct action for residents in compliance with the standards and code set by the property management and the Board of Directors.
- Embody the Shangri-La core values of humility, courtesy, sincerity, respect, helpfulness and selflessness.
- Undertakes other ad hoc related responsibilities, as required.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere and outgoing nature, leading by positive example to strive for service excellence.
- Detail oriented – Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Communication – 100% English and French languages (verbal and written) proficiency, plus competency in additional languages desirable.
- Resourcefulness in decision making – Responds promptly, exercising sound and reasonable judgment, seeks truly resourceful, innovative, creative solutions.
- Strong leadership - Inspires employee commitment, loyalty and motivation through progressive supervisory practices that foster teamwork, safety, open communication, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Emotional maturity - Internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity, diplomacy and discretion, maintaining confidentiality of information at all times.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.
- Secondary level of education or higher.
- Previous luxury customer service experience in a similar capacity.
- Previous Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts experience highly preferred or comparable experience with key competitor.
- Fluent in English language, additional languages an asset.
- Proficient with computer software (MS Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of GoConcierge and Buildinglink an asset.