A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, over 10,000 rooms in 23 countries with 16 hotels in Asia, 14 in The Americas and nine in Europe and North Africa.
Our aim is to be widely recognized as the best luxury hotel group in the world, providing exceptional customer satisfaction in each of our hotels. The growth strategy of our Group is to successfully operate 10,000 rooms in major business centers and key leisure destinations around the world, whilst continuing to expand our presence globally. Our current portfolio reaches across four continents, and we remain firmly on track with our development plans. The Group regularly receives international recognition and awards for our legendary service hospitality
About Mandarin Oriental, New York
A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 248 elegant guestrooms and suites -- all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants.
Scope of Position
This position entails conducting continuous verification of invoices, statements, and credits received, resolving any discrepancies with invoices, statements, credits and/or vendors, unit owners, or any departments within the hotel. This also includes preparing payments with proper documentation for signature. Additional duties include creating and maintaining computerized records of expenses and payments, assisting in the preparation of various reports produced by the department and assisting in the month end closing process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains computerized sequential log of all purchase orders issued, completed and outstanding
- Reviews open purchase order file, checks on past due invoices weekly, investigates and resolves and outstanding issues
- Obtains original copies of all purchase orders and matches same to related receiving materials
- Verifies receipt of all materials listed on invoices and statements received from vendors and suppliers
- Performs accuracy verification of items received, general ledger account & department charged and invoice extensions
- Posts and inputs invoice data into accounting software on a daily basis; verifies data is accurate
- Prepares approved and signed checks for mailing in timely manner (or as required by law)
- Performs file maintenance activities for purchase orders, receiving documents, signed check copies, computer print outs and other documentation pertaining to accounts payable operations
- Assists in end of month closing process, including payments, reversals, and accruals
- Assists in the performance of annual review and purge of files
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two plus years' experience in Accounting, thorough understanding of purchasing and receiving procedures
- Prolific in all Windows Based Software Application
- Working knowledge of computer software to include SUN Systems
- Strong Level of Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to assemble, analyze, understand integrated spread sheets and complex technical information
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Strong team player, enthusiastic to learn and accomplish the Finance Department & Mandarin Oriental Overall Goals
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Experience in a luxury environment