Resident Services Director, RN
Location: US - FL - Tallahassee
Allegro Management Company is a well-respected leader and expert in the senior living industry with a long-standing reputation of efficiently managing senior communities. Allegro Management Company operates communities throughout Florida and Kentucky, with a home office in St. Louis, MO.
Love The Life You Lead at Allegro…Discover a new definition of inspired living at Allegro's exceptional senior living community in Tallahassee, Florida. This elegant community is surrounded by the beautiful oaks, pines and hanging moss that symbolize gracious southern style. Whether you choose to play golf, explore the Florida shores, or just putter with a favorite pastime, you will find the freedom to indulge every day. And with many years of experience, you'll find our caring staff is dedicated to exceeding your expectations.
The Resident Services Director (RSD) is responsible for oversight of the day to day activities in Assisted Living (AL), including resident services, staff management, general administration and physical maintenance. Provision of excellent resident services in accordance with all applicable law and regulations to achieve a deficiency-free survey is essential. Supervision of the AL must be in strict accordance with Allegro policies and procedures, with an emphasis on effective and efficient realization of the owner's goals. The RSD must keep in mind that maintaining excellent service, high occupancy, and high resident and staff satisfaction is always the goal of the Community.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Support a safe environment for all the residents, their visitors and the staff of the AL Department regarding infection control and life safety.
- Create an individualized service plan for each resident in AL with input from Care Staff, updating per policy and as needed. Ensure Care Staff maintains current knowledge of residents' activities of daily living (ADL) needs and requirements.
- Supervise and assist the Care Team in provision of routine care of the residents according to federal and state law/regulations and Allegro policy, striving to help residents achieve and maintain the greatest level of independence possible.
- Communicate with families, residents and appropriate health care providers regarding areas of concern, and collaborate to find solutions.
- Monitor overall health and wellbeing of the residents and evaluate resident condition according to state regulations and Allegro policy. Immediately report all changes in resident's condition with recommendations and evaluations to the Community Director.
- Interact with the resident's physician, pharmacist, medical personnel and families/responsible party as needed and required by pertinent law and regulations, and Allegro policy.
- Approach all encounters with residents and staff in a friendly, professional, service-oriented manner.
- Establish good working relationships with residents utilizing Whole-hearted Listening skills and in accordance with Allegro policies.
- Identify the ongoing needs of residents in order to maintain the highest level of wellbeing.
- Observe, report and record changes in resident's condition or needs, reporting these to the Community Director according to Allegro policy, and to other healthcare providers as appropriate.
- Supervise the storage, distribution and discontinuation of resident's medications in accordance with state regulations and Allegro policy.
- Work closely with the Sales & Marketing Department to assure timely assessment of prospects and new residents; assist with the coordination of move-ins and move-outs.
- Implement and maintain an accurate file for each resident in AL.
- Listen for and respond to the resident emergency call system.
- Encourage and remind residents to attend and participate in daily activities when possible.
- Work with the Lifestyle Departments to create activities of interest for current residents.
- Strive to achieve and maintain 100% compliance with the appropriate federal, state and local regulations and comply with all surveys conducted by the licensing authority.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels through effective scheduling and maintain department staffing schedules utilizing the electronic payroll system.
- Oversee and monitor that the Care Staff are properly accounting for hours worked using electronic payroll system. Review the time sheets in electronic payroll system daily for missed punches and correct as required. Complete a final review of time sheets prior to the end of each pay period per Allegro policy.
- Recruit and hire all AL personnel utilizing the electronic payroll system. Ensure all required new hire paperwork is submitted in accordance with Allegro policy.
- Develop departmental goals and competencies and evaluate all AL staff utilizing the electronic payroll system.
- Utilize the online education program to provide staff training according to Allegro policy; review staff compliance with assigned training on a monthly basis.
- Provide additional training to community staff on infection control procedures including blood borne pathogens and emergency risk management procedures as needed.
- Supplement online classes by providing training to the Care Team on resident care activities and AL regulatory requirements, as well as other pertinent topics as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding residents' rights and promote staff compliance with same.
- Provide required training regarding elopement policy and procedures to Community staff.
- Participate in the New Employee Orientation Program.
- Provide daily coaching and support to staff, and corrective action as needed.
- Monitor the status of market-ready apartments in AL.
- Participate in the community Safety Committee.
- Manage the collection and disposal of bio hazardous waste.
- Research ways to improve AL operations and vendor services, with a focus on provision of quality service for the best price (including appropriate prior authorization on capital expenditure purchases).
- Maintain Department compliance with the operating budget through use of purchase order system and budget control procedures.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual operating budget for owner's approval.
- Work closely and maintain daily communications with the Assistant Resident Services Director and/or Program Director for Memory Care in administering and managing the Department, thereby ensuring continuity of care and services for the residents.
- Hold scheduled department meetings for training or communication purposes.
- Establish and follow emergency and risk management procedures for AL and train personnel accordingly.
- Perform ongoing inspections of AL for appearance, safety and maintenance issues.
- Ensure proper m aintenance and control of all AL equipment, to guarantee proper operation.
- Attend and participate in all meetings and training as directed by Company policy and the Community Director.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when on duty.
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous situations to the Community Director as discovered and take appropriate action as necessar