A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels and resorts. In total, the Group operates 22 luxury hotels in key business and leisure destinations, with numerous hotels under development. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group now operates, or has under development, more than 10,000 rooms in 16 countries with 11 hotels in Asia, seven in the Americas and four in Europe.
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a spectacular addition to our acclaimed collection of hotels and resorts. Situated in the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood, the luxurious 127 guest rooms and 10 suites offer the most spacious luxury accommodations in the city. Unparalleled service and luxury amenities make it the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a serene retreat for effective therapy. Our spa has introduced Atlanta to world-acclaimed and unique Mandarin Oriental therapies.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the incumbent will keep the guest's perspective in mind at all times and carry out the mission of the Rooms Department
The Reservations Supervisor, together with the Director of Revenue, will provide supervision, direction and leadership in the Reservations Department in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by the hotel.
The Reservations Supervisor reports to the Director of Revenue and supervises the Reservations Colleague.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Responsible for aspects of training of Reservations Colleagues and retraining where necessary as guided by Director of Revenue and Reservations*
- Clarifies duties and responsibilities of Reservations Colleagues to ensure work processes are in logical order*
- Schedules the Reservations Colleagues and ensures proper staffing at all times*
- Continues training, review, and coaching of all Quality Track and Mystery Shop Calls with Reservation Colleagues*
- Handles incoming correspondence and maintains extranets pertaining to FIT and Corporate accounts
- Serves as Group Coordinator for Group bookings and is responsible for maintenance of Group rooming lists and Group pick up reports; serves as main contact for Wedding Group blocks; trains and delegates to Reservations colleagues these tasks as necessary and ensure Reservations Colleagues to maintain accuracy and meet deadlines*
- Process group and transient commission payments.
- Serve as main contact for Wedding groups in lieu of Convention Services Manager*
- Update the various distribution channels, (Synxis, SMS, OTA Extranets) for proper rate and room availability only as directed by the Director of Revenue and Reservations*
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of rate codes in the various systems only as directed by Director of Revenue and Reservations*
- Ensure the reservations being entered into SMS Opera are in the correct format as according to the operations manual, best practices or current guidelines existing for department
- Ensure that department colleagues follow the standards, policies and procedures for MOATL and MOHG, to also include internal and external guest communication, quality assurance programs (such as ResMax, MOQA, FHLSS&E, LQA, Forbes Travel Guide standards, etc.)
- Oversee follow through with no shows, late cancellation charges, and deposit/payment follow up*
- Ensure that communication with other departments, notably Finance, Sales, Concierge, Front Office, Housekeeping, In Room Dining and any other concerned departments is maintained with information relevant and pertinent to their operation
- Handle guest complaints and comments related to the department tactfully
- Check arrivals lists and double check that special requests, billing or deposits, are followed up correctly
- Complete Weekly Pace reports and package reports in absence of Director of Revenue and Reservations or if required by Director of Revenue and Reservations*
- Ensure that Legendary Quality Standards, policies and procedures of MOHG are properly understood and followed through
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the Director of Revenue and Reservations
- 2 years Reservations Consultant experience
- Able to communicate written and spoken English
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Knowledge and grasp of hotel distribution systems (GDS, internet, etc.)
- Able to multi-task
- Training and coaching skills
- Enthusiastic about training, managing and motivating a Team