Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, a AAA Four Diamond hotel and a Historic Hotels of America member. From the day it opened in 1924, the Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community, and has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences.
The Carolina Inn fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Your role will be integral to the success of our hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life-balance, community, and help develop our associates by providing support for them to grow their careers.
Our associates are proud to work here!
Job OverviewSupervise, train, schedule and evaluate Reservation Agents, ensuring that all procedures are performed to the hotel's standards. Assist where necessary to ensure optimum service to guests, visitors and other departments.Essential Functions
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Be familiar with all services and features and local activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Evaluate the staffing requirements and prepare work schedules weekly, adhering to budget goals
- Ensure that the Reservation lines are attended at all times during scheduled hours and that sufficient staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
- Document any late or absent employees; maintain accurate and current employee records
- Schedule and assign staff breaks
- Communicate anticipated business demands daily with each employee (arrivals/departures, group functions, guest requests, etc.)
- Ensure staff's knowledge of hotel services, features and amenities
- Prepare and communicate assignments to the staff. Assign additional tasks as they arise
- Respond to incoming calls
- 1 year experience as a Reservations Agent, preferably at a 4 star hotel
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Publisher
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to input and access information in the property management system
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal