Philadelphia Hotel In the Charming Historic District
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District is a contemporary urban hotel with an inviting mix of high-tech spaces and contemporary décor that reflects the Old City charm. Located in Philadelphia's historic district, surrounded by treasures of American heritage, our hotel is an inviting destination where vacation and business travelers can work, relax, dine, meet and embrace the culture of the City of Brotherly Love.
Old City Philadelphia Hotel Near The Liberty Bell
Situated in the celebrated Old City neighborhood of Philadelphia, our hotel is within walking distance of iconic landmarks, including Independence National Historic Park, Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, Penn's Landing, and the Betsy Ross House. Explore exciting local attractions like the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Chinatown, Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia Zoo and Lincoln Financial Field - home of the NFL's Eagles.
Contemporary Lodging in Downtown Philly
Designed for modern urban living, our beautifully renovated rooms and junior suites feature contemporary decor and views of Philadelphia's historic cityscape. Enjoy luxurious bedding and lifestyle amenities including work desks, free Wi-Fi, refrigerators, microwaves and voicemail. Order room service and relax with a movie on the HDTV. Our spacious executive suites also offer ample sleeping and living spaces with a sofa bed.
Lifestyle Hotel For Everything You Do
Ideal for business or vacation, our contemporary hotel offers inviting spaces and travel enhancing amenities so you can connect and recharge. Swim in our rooftop pool (closed from Labor Day to Memorial Day) with views of downtown, energize in the fitness center and stay productive with free Wi-Fi. Enjoy American comfort food at Coin's Restaurant & Pub and relax with a cocktail at Coin's Pub. Host your meetings and social events in 8,000 sq. feet of space with catering and audio/visual.
Wyndham Is currently seeking a
to work on a
status. The Reservations Coordinator is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Wyndham standards. He/she is also responsible for participating in the monthly Rooms Merchandising meeting.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
· Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
· Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
· Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
· Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
· Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
· Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
· Maintain accurate files and reports.
· Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
· Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
· Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
· Complete forecasts as required by management.
· Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
· Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
· Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
· Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
· Communicate availability to wholesalers.
· Call for occupancy at area hotels.
· File reservations and group contracts.
· Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
· Send confirmations.
· Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
· Process brochure requests.
· Forecast packages according to hotel standards.
· Research travel agent commissions.
** Previous experience with Opera