The Ambassador Hotel Waikiki is in search of a vibrant individual to join our team of guest-focused professionals! The Ambassador Hotel Waikiki offers 311 guest rooms that are located at the beginning of Waikiki, welcoming all locals and visitors alike to Hawaii's world famous beach and the iconic Diamond Head.
The Reservations Sales Agent is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Highgate Hotel standards. He/she is also responsible for participating in the monthly Rooms Merchandising meeting.
- Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
- Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
- Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures.
- Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
- Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
- Maintain accurate files and reports.
- Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
- Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
- Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Complete forecasts as required by management.
- Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
- Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
- Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
- Communicate availability to wholesalers.
- Call for occupancy at area hotels.
- File reservations and group contracts.
- Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Send confirmations.
- Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
- Process brochure requests.
- Forecast packages according to hotel standards.
- Research travel agent commissions.