As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence.
Edging the beautiful bank of Jupiter's Intracoastal Waterway, the
Wyndham Grand Jupiter at Harbourside Place is a lifestyle destination where business and vacation travelers enjoy a sense of laid-back luxury and modern elegance. Relax in exquisite rooms and suites, and indulge in locally sourced and sustainable delicacies, at a variety of restaurants surrounding the hotel. Lounge by the rooftop pool with a hand-crafted cocktail while you soak up the views and gentle breezes. Experience an upscale hotel surrounded by lush landscapes and picturesque waterways in beautiful Northern Palm Beach County.
The Reservations Agent is responsible for handling reservations, inquiries and cancellations in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner, and quoting available rates to maximize room revenue according to Wyndham standards.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS:
· Answer all incoming calls promptly, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
· Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation.
· Book room reservations while focusing on maximizing room revenue and average rate using standard rate quoting scenario at all times. Up sell rooms when possible.
· Enter reservations into the computer according to standard operating procedures, using Opera software system.
· Communicate and work closely with the Sales Department concerning group bookings.
· Maintain availability calendar and communicate all relevant information to the operations staff.
· Maintain accurate files and reports.
· Handle all special reservations, to include V.I.P. reservations, packages and discounts.
· Book and block rooms using hotel standards for Group Rooming Lists and Booking Agreements.
· Attend and give input on trends and opportunities to maximize revenue.
· Complete forecasts as required by management.
· Monitor daily sales activity and alert Guest Services Manager of sold out nights, group status and possible problem situations.
· Post no-show revenue daily, if required at property.
· Process travel agent checks, if required at property.
· Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent and assist at front desk as needed.
· Communicate availability to wholesalers.
· Call for occupancy at area hotels.
· File reservations and group contracts.
· Review Reservations logbook and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
· Send confirmations.
· Process advance deposit/balance sheet.
· Process brochure requests.
· Forecast packages according to hotel standards.
· Research travel agent commissions.