Location: US - MN - Saint Paul
Job Purpose: To make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, creating a positive impression and helping to increase hotel occupancy.
- Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, and shopping, dining, entertainment and travel directions.
- Keep daily records of room availability, rates; "Set the house" (balancing and assigning rooms) daily; block rooms for VIPs daily; complete travel agent commissions and Priority Club updates daily
- Enforce hotel and company credit policies.
- Make, confirm and cancel reservations, usually over telephone, fax or other reservation system; track and bill "no-show" guests.
- Use yield management polices to maximize revenue and occupancy.
- Complete the R.I.M. 2000 course offered by Holiday Inn within 90 days of hire.
- May perform duties of a general clerical nature within the hotel.
- Attend and is involved in monthly front desk meetings.
- Work closely with sales department to implement strategies to maximize room revenue.
- May fill-in on front desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
- Ability to shift easily and frequently from one activity to another - such as from typing, to searching in a directory, to using a telephone.
HS Diploma or equivalent