Rental Repair Technician
Blue Mountain Resort
Location: CA - ON - Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain, ON, CA L9Y 3Z2
REPORTS TO: Repair Supervisor, Rental Supervisor or Assistant Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time and Part Time, Seasonal
This role is to assist the guest in the day to day needs of ski and snowboard tuning and repairs.
- Work in a professional manner and be able to explain technical terms to guest in a manner that the guest will understand.
- Conduct the following repairs to both guest and rental equipment: Sidewall repairs, edge repairs, installation of bindings, top sheet repairs and general tune ups.
- Responsible for following the shop safety guidelines at all times.
- Perform opening and closing duties for the shop.
- Ensure all repair liability forms are signed by both the guest and technician.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the shop including washroom, garbage’s and floors as well as proper storage of all equipment.
- Maintain the tuning of the rental fleet to ensure all rental equipment has been tuned as required throughout the year.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Repair Shop or Rental Supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be a team player and have the technical expertise required to maintain the equipment.
- Basic knowledge of ski/board construction and binding design and function.
- Must achieve an 80% or higher on binding manufacturer exam.
- Must be customer service oriented. Friendly and outgoing. Must move with a sense of urgency comparable to business levels
- Must remain focused & be thorough with assigned tasks.
- Punctuality & an excellent record of attendance is required
- Past repair shop experience an asset.
- Past customer service experience an asset.
- The ability to multi task & prioritize tasks.
- The ability to maintain calm in a fast paced environment.
- Comfortable with computers, cash handling experience an asset.
- Strong technical understanding of all ski and snowboard hard goods.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays including, Christmas Break, Family Day Weekend and March Break.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.