Blue Mountain Resort
Location: CA - ON - Blue Mountain
Blue Mountain, ON, CA L9Y 3Z2
DEPARTMENT: Rental and Repairs
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Rentals
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time and Part Time, Seasonal
This position is to assist the guest in the set-up of their ski or snowboard equipment. This includes choosing the correct equipment for the guest based on the guest’s level of ability. This includes informing the guest of activities or special events across the resort as well as any other resort information the guest may require.
- To provide a high quality experience and presentation for the guest by selecting rental equipment that will best fit their needs based on their level of ability.
- Providing the guest with the proper product knowledge based on the equipment issued to them.
- Set equipment for the guest based on the guest’s height, weight and ability.
- Inform the guest of how to operate the equipment as well as any other resort information the guest may require.
- Ensure all rental liability forms are signed by both the guest and technician.
- Maintain the cleanliness (may include tiding washrooms, cleaning floors, removing garbage’s from the building) of the shop and proper storage of all equipment.
- May be required to work outdoors at times
- May be required to assist valet attendant in peak times
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the rental supervisor or team leader.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Must be able to work with co-workers in a cooperative, friendly manner.
- Must be customer service oriented. Friendly, outgoing.
- Must have the ability to communicate confidently and make eye to eye contact with the guest and co-workers.
- Must move with a sense of urgency comparable to business levels
- Must remain focused & be thorough with assigned tasks.
- Punctuality & an excellent record of attendance is required
- Must achieve an 80% or higher on binding manufacturer exam.
- Past customer service experience.
- The ability to multi task & prioritize tasks.
- The ability to maintain calm in a fast paced environment.
- Computer and cash handling skills an asset
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays also Family Day Weekend and March Break.
Blue Mountain Resort is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and inclusiveness across the organization. We believe in equal opportunity and it is our priority to ensure a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted for a position, please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the selection process. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.