Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
Live to discover, work to inspire.
Exploring the world doesn’t have to stop when the working day starts. At Renaissance Hotels we know your passion for discovery is more than a hobby, it’s a career. The Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel will be opening as a chic hotel in the heart of downtown Toledo with sweeping views of the Maumee River from the rooftop bar on the 12th floor. The interior design of the hotel is inspired from the local glass culture and will feature a trendy three meal restaurant and the Renaissance signature “R” Lounge on the main floor.
Renaissance bartenders have the knowledge and passion to create intriguing, indigenous, and delicious cocktails. They have the basics down, but are constantly on the look-out for new trends, micro-local offerings, and guests’ evolving needs.
The Renaissance bartender is not just a beverage enthusiast, but also the host of the space. The bartenders will use their knowledge and expertise to make the bar look and function flawlessly. He or she builds relationships with others across the hotel (from housekeeping, to parking, to the Navigator, and beyond) and in the community, to anticipate and deliver on our guests’ needs. This individual should be passionate about the guest service experience, but also have an eye for detail – from the money that moves through their hands, to the information they provide to guests, to the accuracy of their reports.
No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success: making sure you have a safe work environment, following company policies and procedures, ensuring your uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintaining confidentiality, and protecting company assets. As a bartender, you’ll be on your feet and moving around (stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time) and taking a hands-on approach to your work (move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance). You’ll need to make sure you have everything you need when you need it (reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping). Doing all these things well (and other things that come your way) is the foundation of the job. Ultimately, the real hallmark of the Bartender role is driving a best-in-class guest experience, inspiring guests and ambassadors alike to live life to discover.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Retrieve liquor after written requisition and stock bar area
* Set up bar and service stations
* Greet guests and provide service at bar and cocktail tables
* Prepare cocktails and drinks to specifications for servers and guests
* Create memorable guest experiences
* Close out bar and server checks using computerized system
* Balanced drawer and account for all transactions
* Perform closing duties as assigned
* Thorough knowledge of alcoholic beverages, cocktail mixology; recipes, preparation methods, glassware, equipment and service
* Exceptional guest service skills
* Basic computer and cash handling skills
* Must be able to speak, read, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good verbal communication skills
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, stooping, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Ability to stand stoop, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift
* Ability to stand for hours at a time.
* Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
* High school or equivalent education required.
* Previous bartending experience required
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER