Regional VP Operations
Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group
Location: US - MN - Minnetonka
To achieve Hotel revenue growth goals and corporate, guest, franchisee and employee satisfaction goals by supporting the operations of the franchise hotels and by enforcing, communicating and implementing operations and development standards. Develop hotel owner/management company relations to achieve brand engagement and taking effective corrective actions as necessary to optimize the quality and performance of the hotel portfolio.
In addition, the RVP Operations is a critical leadership role responsible for motivating, developing, managing and mentoring a team of field operations directors while driving a culture of high performance and results achievement. The RVP will ultimately be accountable for the performance of their team and the properties in their region across full service and midscale brands operations.
- Achieves profit, sales, market share and customer satisfaction goals by developing and implementing strategic plans which support performance improvement of region.
- Communicates and reinforces the vision, values and identities of the respective brands to hotels and the team.
- Analyzes hotel performance and develops targeted and measurable strategic plans for improving hotel performance.
- Oversees and manages plan execution by effectively using field team and central resources to drive business results.
- Achieves revenue and customer satisfaction goals by building owner and management company relationships and influencing owners and operators to active performance plan engagement and execution.
- Fosters open communication with owners/operators and effectively manages disagreements to drive optimal results.
- Takes corrective actions as necessary to reinforce brand standards and identity; fosters hotel teamwork by recognizing Brand – representative hotel performance.
- Leads a high performance team by effectively coaching and developing employees, fostering teamwork within and across the organization.
- Contributes to the development of operating concepts, processes and guidelines for hotels.
- Participates in the development of corporate strategies to support the achievement of customer service, brand identity and revenue goals.
- Approves candidate franchisees entry to the brand in accordance with business strategies.
- Improves customer satisfaction and loyalty by constantly analyzing hotel performance and developing strategic plans to improve the guest services delivered by the hotel.
- Analyzes hotel indicators for trends and opportunities and assigns Regional Director to address specific areas of performance.
- Reviews the quality of hotel operations with Owners/Operators and assists them in developing and implementing strategies to improve their operations.
- Ensures hotel operate in compliance with legal obligations by working legal counsel as appropriate.
- 10+ years of hotel operations experience in progressive leadership roles
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to motivate, influence, mentor, develop and coach a team of professionals
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated diplomacy in communicating and holding both internal and external stakeholders accountable
- Hotel franchise operations experience in both full service and midscale brands required
- Strong sense of ownership, accountability and autonomy in managing difficult tasks and projects
- Ability to successfully lead teams through times of change,
- Goal setting and strong decision-making skills
- Revenue management knowledge and experience
- Ability to build strong mutually beneficial and trusting business relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in matrix corporate environments strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Standing and moving about the facilities
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Handling objects, products, and equipment